Controlled Drugs

The Greater Manchester Accountable Officer for Controlled Drugs is Karen O’Brien:

  • email
  • telephone 07970749843 / 0113 825 5216.

Any CD issues/concerns / requests for destructions should be reported via the web based tool at If you have any queries about the web-based tool please contact Sharon Woodward ( or Max Thorley (

Reporting break-ins, forgeries and CD thefts (all schedules):

  1. dial 101 or 999 if an emergency
  2. Ensure that you describe whether the drug is a Class A, B or C under the Misuse of Drugs Act (–2/list-of-most-commonly-encountered-drugs-currently-controlled-under-the-misuse-of-drugs-legislation) since this is the terminology known to the police.
  3. Obtain the crime reference number
  4. Contact the Controlled Drugs Liaison Officer (CDLO) for your area, and give them the crime reference number. They will link in with the investigating officer. (Contact Details below)
  5. Report into

Your CDLOs for Greater Manchester: